Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Multiprecision and uBlas
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-07 04:16:52

> Also running the tests for UBLAS with mp_number put in place of
> floats/doubles would be interesting.

I've added modified versions of uBlas tests 1-7 to the multiprecision lib,
most of the tests pass, but there are two outstanding issues:

* Test1: I had to disable a couple of tests because they trigger debug
assertons inside the STL. I get the same errors when testing with type
double, so I conclude it's a uBlas issue, not sure why they aren't triggered
in the regular regression tests though...
* Test3: I can't get this to compile, and the error are so inscrutable I
don't know what the issue is, I'd need some help from a uBlas expert to
figure those out.

Note that the above is with expression templates turned off in
multiprecision. Getting uBlas to work with an expression template enabled
number type would require extensive (but not difficult) modification of
uBlas. If anyone wants to take that on I can offer advice.

Cheers, John.