Subject: Re: [boost] several messages
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-08-20 13:35:23

BTW we
> once had an opportunity to have Kahan himself speak a Boost Con but it didn't work out. Oh Well

Well there is/used to be a std::numeric_limits<FPT>::signaling_NaN() but it has fallen into disuse
(or never got into use?).

What you suggest has some merits but now poses insuperable portability issues.

And sometimes, as Dave explained, you don't want to abort just because one value is duff. It's
easier to wait until you try to use it before squeaking loudly.

Paul