Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] N3276 decltype support on VC++ 11
From: Daniel Walker (daniel.j.walker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-01 16:39:03

On Sep 1, 2012, at 12:47 AM, Michel Morin wrote:

> Daniel Walker wrote:
>> Can someone verify that there are no regressions in the test suit on VC++ 11?
>
> As Eric said, let's try this on the trunk test runners ;)

I always run the tests before committing a patch to trunk. That's all I was asking. :)

> P.S.
> For a function `const int f()`, `decltype(f())` returns `int` on VC++ 11.
> So some `result_of` tests fail as in #6754.
> ( https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6754 )
>
> Clang 3.1 and gcc 4.7-4.8 behaves similarly, and this behavior
> conforms to the C++11 Standard.

Fixed. This is important. Thanks for the reminder!

Eric, I'm comfortable with the state of result_of on trunk, if you want to sync it with release. I suppose now is as good a time as any, but I'll trust your judgement on the timing.

- Daniel