Subject: Re: [boost] [build] 1.49 unable to bootstrap boost
From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-12 08:48:19

   Hi.

> So I had the same error : boost 1_51 , Win7, 64 bits.
>>
>> It seems to be related to your system. I didn't have any issue when doing
>> this yesterday on Win7 32bit / MSVC 10.
>>
>>> On Windows 7, when I try to do bootstrap on a freshly unzipped boost
>>> 1.49 at the root directory, I get the following output:
>>>
>>> Building Boost.Build engine
>>>
>>> But that is as far as it gets before os terminates whatever it is
>>> doing with this (roughly translated from russian):
>>>
>>> **** STACK SIZE EXCEEDED ****
>>> **** WHILE PERFORMING RECURSION IN BATCH MODE ****
>>> Recursion depth=654, Stack usage=90 percent.
>>> **** BATCH PROCESSING ABORTED ****

   Could you try building the Boost Build/Jam engine directly on that
system?

   Just go to the tools/build/v2/engine folder and run 'build.bat vc10'.

   That should run the build and create the bjam.exe executable in some
bin* subfolder, but it will also display some extra output that gets
masked by the wrapper Boost library bootstrap script.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić