Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] merge from trunk to release
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-19 08:01:42

On 19 September 2012 12:27, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
<vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Le 19/09/12 11:06, Daniel James a écrit :
>
>> On 18 September 2012 23:57, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
>> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have tried to merge (https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/80051)
>>> Boost.DateTime from trunk to release to merge and I suspect that the svn
>>> merge tools has not been used since a long time. I'm getting a long diff
>>> with a lot of mergeinfo.
>>
>> What merge command are you using?
>
> $$ pwd
> /Users/viboes/boost/rel/boost/date_time
> $$ svn merge --accept theirs-full /Users/viboes/boost/trunk/boost/date_time

Don't do that as there are other unmerged changes in date_time which
will be included in your merge. Instead do this from
'/Users/viboes/boost/rel/':

svn merge -c80051 "^/trunk"

"^/trunk" is a short cut for https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk,
using the local path might work as well.

It should be a clean merge and won't accidentally include other
merges. For example, the change from
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4870 hasn't been merged and
maybe some others. I'll try to clean up the mergeinfo later.

IMO those '$Date' subversion things are more annoying than useful, and
I don't think they'll work with git.