Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Trunk broken: What happened to test_exec_monitor?
From: Loïc Joly (loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-21 14:15:09

Le 20/09/2012 14:16, Vladimir Prus a écrit :
> On 06.10.2011 10:40, Loïc Joly wrote:
>> Le 04/10/2011 22:52, Eric Niebler a écrit :
>>
>>> I wasn't aware there was a problem with Boost.Build on trunk. What are
>>> you referring to? Link pls.
>>>

>> I have some concerns not directly related to boost.build, but to
>> boost/tools/regression. It looks to me to be the same kind of
>> severity as a
>> breakage in problems in Boost.test, since if effectively prevents
>> generating test reports on one computer. It's mostly related to breaking
>> interface changes in Boost.Filesystem (and also the breaking
>> interface change in the build system from bjam to b2). And it's been
>> broken for
>> several releases.
>
> What do you mean re bjam->b2 change? It is supposed to be entirely
> transparent, since 'bjam' binary is still created in all the places
> where it was created previously.

Sorry, I don't remember the exact situation such a long time after my
those problems. It might have been a consequence of copying an old bjam
binary in the folder before discovering that bjam was replaced by b2. Is
the old binary replaced in this case? Is there a message somewhere when
we bootstrap?