Subject: Re: [boost] [graph][heap][coroutine] interruptable dijkstra shortest path function
From: Alex Hagen-Zanker (ahh34_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-24 07:07:46

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/list/

> nor does it use insert()

Heap does not use insert() but push_front(), it does use erase().

> , it is basically
> a way to achieve mutability by managing a heap of std::list iterators.
> or what are you referring to?
>
> tim
I am just interested to see the fundamental difference between the
Boost.Graph d_ary_heap and Boost.Heap d_ary_heap. Because the statement
that Graph is optimized for integer values does not seem correct. I
noticed that Graph manages the handles through an array and Heap through
a std::list and considered that there might be some difference in
performance because of that.

Probably the difference is minute, but at the same time it is the only
place where I see that Graph makes an assumption (the total number of
values pushed onto the heap is known) that Heap cannot make.