Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Patches to improve test log detail for better thirdparty integration
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-25 13:14:39

Jamie Allsop <ja11sop <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> In light of recent discussions regarding Boost.Test I've created 3
> tickets in trac with patches against trunk that incrementally improve
> the ease with which Boost.Test can be integrated with thirdparty
> continuous integration tools, while at the same time improving the
> output offered.
>
> These are patches we've been using for some time locally, the recent
> discussions highlighted the importance of pushing patches like these to
> a wider audience.
>
> In summary the key changes are:
>
> * https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7410
> * https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7397

These are fine. I'll try to check it in on a weekend

> * https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7417

This is not a good direction IMO. This breaks clear separation between test log
and report streams. We also do not want duplication of information in two
streams. We should consider an approach where report stream is being produced on
a fly (in parallel) during test execution. This might be a bit tricky and is not
always desirable, but can be enables by special command line switch.

Gennadiy