Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-29 09:46:47

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Paul A. Bristow
<pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> For many people, the documentation can be ignored in favour of copying someone else's examples, and
> most often, IT JUST WORKS.
>
> So the idea that we can just deprecate it is madness.

Second that. We are also using it extensively because:

> It seems significant to me that nobody has strongly claimed to have a better system.

It simply is one of the best testing frameworks out there and whatever
it might be lacking of being the very best it makes up for by
conveniently being part of boost that you use anyway. It just saves
the trouble of pulling in another 3rd party dependency just for
testing. You simply already have it because of course you are using
boost.

> As also with bjam/b2, we need a better mechanism to flag up loudly that a change has been made that
> may well cause trouble, and to fix it pronto.

nuff said.

Cheers,
Stephan