Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-04 03:11:15

Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes:

> That is news for me.

Which part?

test_execution monitor deprecation was announced quite loudly (was it year
ago?)
prg_execution_monitor has nothing to do with testing, whic hvery clear from the
documentation.

> > > The point here that both libs are built by ./b2 --with-test. And
> > > considering what you said above it would be nice if they were
> > > considered a separate lib for purposes of --with-whatever..
> >
> > I know nothing about b2 or with-test, but whomever is responsible feel free
> > to stop building these (especially test execution monitor).
>
> That is easy, see the attached patch. Okay to commit?

No. I do need Jamfile to build prg_exec_monitor and test_exec_monitor was never
properly cleaned up from other QLib libs. I would do it myself (it is very
strait-forward exercise to replace its usage with unit test framework), but I
never seem to have time to do this. That said, unit test framework does not
require either one of them and I do not agree with claims stating otherwise. b2
and with-test argument is out of my control and frankly I do not know where and
why one uses it.

> Should this be forced into 1.52 ? This is only possible if those two are
> officially deprecated. Else we have to add deprecation for now.

test_execution_monitor IS officially deprecated. prg_exec_monitor is not, but it
have nothing to do with testing.