Subject: Re: [boost] [contract] toward N3351 concepts
From: Lorenzo Caminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-08 15:40:21

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Evgeny Panasyuk
<evgeny.panasyuk_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Currently, I inclined to following approach:
> 1. Compiler MUST not do any checks on axioms besides syntactic.
> 2. User has ALL responsibility on verifying axioms.
> 3. Compiler has rights to exploit any knowledge which it gets from axioms,
> regardless of fact if type fulfil them or not.

IMO, this is a rather weak motivation to support axioms especially in
the core language (just the syntax check of some code that could
otherwise and almost equivalently be written using code comments) but
it seems to be the only sensible thing to do with axioms.

Despite the weak motivation, I'm thinking to support axioms in
Boost.Contract so to check them syntactically. Ultimately, if users
don't want to use axioms, they can just not use them (and maybe
document the concept semantics via code comments).

--Lorenzo