Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] deprecating Mutex::scoped_lock and Mutex::scoped_try_lock and boost::condition
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-20 11:34:03

Le 20/10/12 14:07, Olaf van der Spek a écrit :
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
> <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I would like to deprecate the following features in Boost.Thread:
> Since when are the replacement functions available?
Since 1.35.
> Is deprecation a docs-only thing?
I use to add a compiler flag that allows to disable/enable the inclusion
of deprecated feature so that the users can in the transition path
either disable the inclusion of the deprecated feature when it is there
by default (3 releases) or enable it when it would not be the default
(3 more releases) .

>> The user should use instead unique_lock<Mutex> and the new public class try_unique_lock.
> Isn't the C++11 name lock_guard<mutex>?

C++11 defines both. The current implementation uses unique_lock<mutex>.

Besy,
Vicente