Subject: Re: [boost] C++ announcements coming tomorrow
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-04 07:16:32

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Christophe Henry
<christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I find the idea of a community technical preview surprising, since
>>> Microsoft
>>> has been repeatedly refusing to fix bugs reported by the community unless
>>> you have purchased commercial support.
>>

>> Have you filed a bug report recently? I filed one this summer and had
>> a response the next day.
>

> I'll help with this with pleasure:
> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/boost-msm-std-vector-lt-MyStateMachine-gt-generate-stack-overflow-td3532530.html
>
> The issue was closed as won't fix and is still that way.
> The links to related bugs are not working so no idea about them.
> I won't even think of using VC again until this is fixed, it's simply too
> big to allow me trust the compiler.

+1, I had reported a memory leak bug [1] to MS and had been told that
the behavior is correct as it doesn't contradict the Standard. I can't
trust the vendor that treats users this way and declares a memory leak
as a valid behavior. I doubt I will ever bother reporting any other
bugs in MSVC.

[1] The leak appeared in STL streams, if initialized multiple times.
Here's a code snippet:

https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/boost-log/ticket/2#comment:4

I didn't keep a reference to the MS bug tracker and I can't find it now.