Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] possible regression on is_function trait
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-06 02:59:40

Le 06/11/12 04:40, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. a écrit :
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
> vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Le 05/11/12 18:26, Vicente J. Botet Escriba a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't know if this is a regression on Boost.TypeTraits or if I'm using
>>> incorrectly the is_function trait.
>>>
>>> John, could you confirm there is a bug in is_function?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Vicente
>>>

>>> I don't know what is going wrong, but the instantiation seems to think
>> that boost::rv<boost::rv<boost::**packaged_task<int()> > >& is not a
>> reference.
>>
> Red flag seeing boost::rv< boost::rv< ... > > :/
Yes this was suspecting,but I have not taken the time to identify where
this is_convertible comes from. I don't know if the need for this
workaround is hiding a bad design on the move semantics emulation I'm
using in Boost.Thread. I will analyze it tis evening.

> Aside from that, looks strange; is this the only tester with an issue?

Yes I think it is the only one

Vicente