Subject: Re: [boost] [test]portability of data test cases and build issues
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-06 08:36:11

Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes:

> Hi Gennadiy,
>
> On Monday, 5. November 2012 12:00:16 Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> > Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:
> > > I use to do the following without any issue
> > >
> > > [ run ../example/a_test.cpp ]
> >
> > I already do something like this (in my case [ glob test_datasets/*.cpp ],
> > but if target name is thew same as directory name it will fail to build on
> > linux.
>
> Interesting. Bug or feature. Can you post a minimal testcase to the
> Boost.Build ML ?

That's easy. Rename test_datasets_src into test_datasets in boost.test testing
directory change Jamfile accordingly and try to build it.

> > I can probably get
> > the same result by ifdefing the code, but I'd rather have it marked
> > unsupported in regression table instead of fake pass.
>
> That is the way the go.
>
> Unfortunately, there are only two ways to archive this:
> 1) special toolsets
> 2) an extra feature for different standards.

I am not sure how is this relevant. All I want is to say This is expected to
fail if we are building on configuration which does not have this and this
feature. Nothing to do with build system. Should I just tweak expected failures
file after that and that's it?

Gennadiy