Subject: Re: [boost] C++ announcements coming tomorrow
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-08 09:12:29

on Mon Nov 05 2012, Paul Mensonides <pmenso57-AT-comcast.net> wrote:

> Oh, don't worry. I also see incredibly obvious agendas. As I said,
> however, I have no problem with the foundation at present. The only
> thing about it I believe is questionable is Herb's presence on the
> board of directors--and that is because I do not trust Herb.

I've had my issues with Herb in the past, but on this particular point
it's only fair to point out that he drove the whole effort of creating
this foundation. He's invested significant *personal* blood sweat and
tears in getting it set up, and his bosses at Microsoft didn't order him
to do it. It seems perfectly appropriate to me that this organization
be led by those with the largest personal investment in it.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training