Subject: Re: [boost] Heads up - string_ref landing
From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-15 15:10:33

On 15 November 2012 19:46, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:

> discussion about where it should live.
> >>
> >> +1 to boost/string_ref.hpp (it is not an algorithm)
> >
> > I agree - but it is (will be useful) for string algorithms.
>
> -20 ;-) We *really* should stop putting headers in the top level boost
> dir. The only other obvious place is "boost/utility/string_ref.hpp".

I agree. The top-level directory is overpopulated. Shouldn't this live in
Boost.Container next to string? That library's introduction exactly fits
what this is (one of the "latest draft features").

Thanks for donating this Marshall. I've used something similar with
Boost.Spirit before and seen big speed improvements, so I'd like to try
your implementation out.

--
Darren