Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] Proposal: a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range
From: Nathan Ridge (zeratul976_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-11-30 03:19:51

> Nate,
>
> Neil Groves wrote:
> > I'm very happy for Nate to apply patches. I have seen enough of Nate's good
> > work to know that he would add significant value. I am very keen for this
> > to happen as it will be good for the user-base generally. I think we can
> > just do this without a change to policy.
>
> Is it OK for you to be a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range?
> I think becoming a Boost developer is an exciting experience, isn't it?

I am honoured that the Boost[.Range] community deems me fit for this
responsibility.

First let me echo Michel in thanking Neil for such an awesome library!
It speaks to the usefulness and importance of this library and its
underlying concepts that ranges are being considered for inclusion in
the next C++ standard, with Boost.Range being a (perhaps the primary?)
candidate for a reference implementation. I am thus eager to contribute
to its development and maintenance.

I confess, while I am a heavy user of Boost.Range, I have not spent
much time looking at its implementation yet. (I have been meaning to,
though, and this role would provide me with an excellent opportunity
to do so.) I'm also new to much of the Boost development
infrastructure, such as testing, documentation, and version control.

I am happy to spend some time learning about these things to become an
effective sub-maintainer. Things may be a bit slow-going at first, and
I will definitely need some help and guidance in this role. (Thank you,
Michel, for offering me help in an earlier mail - I will gladly take
you, and anyone else willing to help, up on it).

So, assuming a bit of a slow start given the above is acceptable to the
community, I am happy to become a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range, and I
look forward to working together with you (all) in this role!

Regards,
Nate