Subject: Re: [boost] [compond_file_binary] Gauging interest in a possible library submission.
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-04 23:44:44

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Brian Ravnsgaard Riis
<brian_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> How does your intended solution differ from (or compare to) simply writing
> documents as a (possibly renamed) .zip file?
>
> Or maybe standardising (as such) an interface for this is the purpose of
> your submission?
>
> Regards,
> Brian Riis

I think this is leaning towards my thinking as well: I'd be more interested
in a library that forms a generic interface to any hierarchical structured
file (tar, zip, compound files, etc), than a library that just did one
particular format.

ie a common interface with "pluggable" back-ends for various formats.
Would that be possible?

That would seem more "Boost-ish" to me.

Tony