Subject: Re: [boost] [compond_file_binary] Gauging interest in a possible library submission.
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-05 10:08:36

Doesn't sound like there is much competition ;-)

> If you know any other implementations, pleeeese let me know.

I'm ignorant ;-)

> > Although access to Microsoft containers will interest many, and
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Authoring_Format even more
> Yep. AFF format is structured storage inside.
>
> > are there other structures/format we might consider?
> Hmmm... if you suggest one, I can investigate.

I'm even more ignorant ;-)

But perhaps others are knowledgeable? I'm only trying to be sure that the underlying concept is the
best
(and not just the one that Microsoft has chosen - spec looks rather C/Hungarian-ish?).

> > PS Boost licence throughout would be absolutely essential of course.
> If you mean that I must release the lib under boost license, this is not a
> problem.

Yes - that's all - sounds not a problem provided you hold the copyright.

Thanks

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,