Subject: Re: [boost] [config] Macro for null pointer
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-07 21:59:36

On Dec 7, 2012, at 2:06 PM, "Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr." <jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> Just to put in my vote for not putting anything in the global namespace
>> but providing a "BOOST_USING_NULLPTR" macro. We keep our nullptr emulation
>> in our library namespace too and would gladly switch to a boost one.
>>
>> We've already got:
>> BOOST_NO_CXX11_NULLPTR
>>

>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_52_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/boost_macro_reference.html#boost_config.boost_macro_reference.macros_that_describe_c__11_features_not_supported
>

> Yes, the definition of BOOST_USING_NULLPTR depends on whether
> BOOST_NO_CXX11_NULLPTR is defined :) It's just a convenience macro
> equivalent to
>
> #ifndef BOOST_NO_CX11_NULLPTR
> using ::boost::nullptr;
> #endif

That was what I wanted to be sure of; that we didn't introduce (yet) another config macro when we already had one.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki