Subject: Re: [boost] Flow-based programming library for Boost?
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-08 19:47:44

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 12:59 AM, Marcus Tomlinson <
themarcustomlinson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> http://www.adaptaudio.com/DSPatch

Very very quick look (just looked at the code itself):

1. why do you use unsafe pointers in the example?
2. why to you require pointers instead of references in the
3. I know this is common in old style c++, but any system that makes me
create objects on the heap
    then makes me put them in another object that becomes the (life) owner
of these objects
    because it is said so in the documentation but it's not visible in the
code
    is very suspicious to me (Qt is an infamous example of this but for
good historical reasons).
    Smart pointers are far better alternatives as they make the ownership
    apparent in the code and easily spottable when reading the code.
    Please use some kind of smart pointer, or let the user make sure the
objects are alive when
    they are used.

Joel Lamotte