Subject: Re: [boost] [release] permission to merge atomic and lockfree
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-10 10:52:26

>> * there are some test failures for msvc on 64bit platform. afaict, it
>> is mainly a configuration issue.
>
> I don't know enough about this, so I'll leave it up to you.

actually, i might need some help from someone who has access to msvc ...

>> * the cray testfarm machine reports some errors, which are most likely
>> related to having a notion of `local' and `global' atomics. i
>> suppose, this kind of machines won't be supported for now ...
>
> Unless I'm missing something, it's all green now. There's still a
> lockfree failure. Either way, Cray support isn't essential.

well, i'm not too sure, how accurate the tests on teeks99-3-win7-64on64
are ... for boost.heap, it reports an issue, that i've already fixed
some time ago ...
the pgi compiler reports a several failures, too, but i'm also quite
sure that it is a problem of that compiler (and being a test at sandia,
maybe also a hpc machine, that will need some special care)

in general, it is hard to tell, if the problems are issues with
boost.atomic or with boost.lockfree ...

>> apart from that, i think it is ready to merge, once the release managers
>> grant the permission ...
>
> Yes, when you feel it's appropriate.

thanks!

tim