Subject: [boost] [Git] Regression testing modular Boost
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-12 10:49:12

Starting a new thread - this is far to important to bury in the long
documentation thread!

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>What is the procedure that testers will follow?

I've been assuming testers will follow the same general procedure. But
other than verifying that hand-invoked b2 runs tests as expected,
nothing else has been done that I'm aware of.

> Is there documentation equivalent to <
> http://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html> for the new
> setup?

None yet. I've been assuming we will just update
www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

> What changes to the current tools need to happen to the adjust to
> the new setup?

As a first cut, branch the current tools and convert any code that
currently uses svn commands to use git commands.

But before any testing is done, it would be helpful if Boost.Build was
updated to handle the generation of boost-root/boost header file
links, rather than relying on the workaround cmake script.

Do you feel comfortable enough with git to handle the conversion?

--Beman