Subject: Re: [boost] [git] What about unmaintained libraries?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-24 15:22:20

Thank you for the clarifications, Beman.

On December 24, 2012 8:42:10 PM Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> All public repos are part of boost-lib, so those that have overall
> write permission for https://github.com/boost-lib can modify any
> component library's public repo, and that includes apply changes to
> permissions as well as changes to the actual library.

So, is the library repo an independent repo on GitHub that is somehow
linked to boost-lib (like svn externals), or is it more like a
subdirectory within boost-lib? From what you say about permissions it
looks like the latter is closer to the truth and in that case it is
logical that permissions of owners of boost-lib also apply to the subprojects.

But while reading the wiki you wrote I got the impression that each
library has its own repo linked to the boost-lib structure. This seemed
logical, considering the case when a library is first developed as an
independent GitHub project and then linked to boost-lib when reviewed
and accepted. If so, each library repo is independent from boost-lib
and thus boost-lib permissions no longer apply. Did I get it wrong?