Subject: Re: [boost] [utf8_codecvt_facet]
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-06 11:57:18

On Jan 5, 2013, at 10:53 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The change made in the trunk addresses an issue which has been

> in the code for years and only produces a warning.

For people who build with "warning as errors', this is a showstopper.

> I would prefer that we take our time and address it in a more definitive manner.
> To try to fix it on short notice at this point isn't worth the risk
> of imposing a setback on the release.

This is not "short notice"; I've been trying to get this bug fixed for over a year.
I first proposed fixing this for 1.49.

This is now an issue for Visual Studio users as well, since they have changed their codecvt to be standards compliant in VS 2012.
Boost is now in a position where we have a slower reaction time than Microsoft on this issue.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki