Subject: Re: [boost] [utf8_codecvt_facet]
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-06 13:38:13

note another issue here.

Originally the utf8_codecvt_facet was sort of it's own library. This made
a lot of sense since it is used by at least three other libraries:
serialization, file_system, and program options. But strident objects were
raised about this since it hadn't been reviewed. so it was stuffed into a
detail header. But this left a problem as to where
to put a test and documentation page for it. Also the question arose as to
where to put the source code for it. The library was made as a template
and instatiated by each library which uses it. I required at least minimal
testing
and documentation so I put this stuff into a section of the serialization
library.

Not a good situation - a lot messier than it has to be.

This needs to be a "real" library with it's independent documentation and
tests.

Robert Ramey