Subject: Re: [boost] Query of Interest in annotated tree extensions to Boost.Intrusive
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-18 12:17:05

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Snyder wrote:
> I've been working on some extensions to allow users to add annotations
> to tree data structures (explanation of the idea here:
> http://je4d.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/boostintrusive-annotated-trees-part-1.html).

"Augmented trees".

There are been several recent proposals of this sort. I last posted here:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/236328

That has links to the other proposals on this list.

> 1. Is there interest in having such functionality in boost?

Yes, but we need to get it right. In my opinion, we need something
that's sufficiently generic to cover the about-3 use cases.

I'm unclear why this should be added to Boost.Intrusive, rather than
being a top-level library in its own right.

Regards, Phil.