Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Support for Android and iOS
From: Domagoj Saric (domagoj.saric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-22 11:20:59

On 27.12.2012. 12:22, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Boost works perfectly on Android. As there is a NDK (native development kit)
> with a quite decent gcc (4.6 something) you just need to configure boost build
> to use the right gcc. Although this all works, it requires a little bit of
> tinkering to get the settings right. But again, in principle, there is not a
> lot of difference in building Boost for Android or any other linux
> distribution.

I/"we" use only the header-only parts of Boost so I can only speak about that
part of the "Android+Boost" experience. While it does mostly work I can't agree
that it "works perfectly on Android". After all you posted a link to your own
scripts that help with the "Android+Boost" experience. A Trac search for
"android" doesn't show up empty: svn.boost.org/trac/boost/search?q=android.

and the existence of
https://github.com/MysticTreeGames/Boost-for-Android
https://github.com/mevansam/cmoss/tree/master/build-droid
http://www.mfoot.com/2011/12/building-boost-1-47-for-android-using-cmake-and-the-ndk
http://www.codexperiments.com/android/2011/05/tips-tricks-building-boost-with-ndk-r5
also testifies that there are still some wrinkles to be polished out...

--
"What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual
devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than