Subject: Re: [boost] [1.53.0 beta] [type_traits] is_POD
From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-27 18:38:56

John Maddock wrote: > Cromwell Enage wrote: > > I found out that Boost.TypeTraits defines a metafunction called is_POD that is essentially a > > template alias of is_pod, but it isn't documented. In particular, the documentation needs to mention > > that is_POD must be overridden in the same cases that is_pod must be overridden. >  > It's depricated, it shouldn't be used in new code, and isn't documented for a reason.  There may just > possibly be some (very) old code still using it, but I'll add a note to the header to mention that it's > depricated. In <boost/iterator/iterator_facade.hpp>, the boost::detail::use_operator_brackets_proxy metafunction is defined in terms of boost::is_POD.  I don't know if the concern that the associated comment mentions can be addressed by replacing with boost::has_trivial_copy and/or boost::has_nothrow_copy. Cromwell D. Enage