Subject: [boost] Future of Boost Windows Installers
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-31 14:42:33

Hi,

As many of you already know, I'm going to work at Apple in late
February, and BoostPro is closing its doors. For many years, the Boost
Getting Started Guide has suggested that Windows users pop over to
BoostPro's website and use the latest installer to get Windows binaries.
We'd like to donate to the community the technology used to build those
installers. If anyone would like to pick up the job of creating them,
we'd be happy to offer guidance.

Right now I'm on a plane where an uplink to GitHub is creeping along at
4KB/s, so I've been pushing the stuff up in bits and pieces and the
latest stuff isn't up there, but it's going to
http://github.com/boostpro/installer and will be complete within 24 hours.

Whatever happens with this installer code, someone is going to need to
update the Getting Started Guide, either to point at the installer's new
home, or to remove references to it.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training