Subject: Re: [boost] Tests failing?
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-07 05:28:58

>> > I'll fix this, but test_execution_monitor is deprecated 5+ years ago.
>> > It's not being tested anymore. If you like I can switch all your unit
>> > tests to UTF (couple lines of code change).
>>
>> I appreciate the offer, but if you can point me at the docs describing
>> how I should switch, I'll
> clean up my
>> code.
>
> Well perhaps we need to do this for Boost.Math - where there are perhaps a
> *thousand* tests in
> nearly a *hundred* files.
>
> Please can we have some detailed help on how to tackle what appears to be
> a massive job.

Not only that but there are many unmaintained libraries with the same issue
(a quick grep would confirm this), not only would each have to be switched
over, but you would also have to verify nothing has been broken in each
case, and manage the merging of all those libraries to release as well.
Preferably without upsetting anyone ;-)

Frankly it's way easier to provide a backwards compatible-layer for the
test-exec-monitor.

John.