Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] Are we going to participate?
From: Karsten Ahnert (karsten.ahnert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-18 04:58:57

Hi,

On 02/13/2013 11:06 PM, Boris Schaeling wrote:
> Andrew was the GSoC administrator for Boost in the previous years but
> unfortunately has no time this year. So I jump in. I just created the
> Wiki page <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2013> and will send
> around another email in the coming days. For now I encourage everyone to
> brainstorm just like Antony did about what you would like to see in
> Boost. Google didn't invite us last year to participate in the program,
> and the reason was that we didn't have enough ideas/projects. So feel
> free to send ideas to this mailing list or add them to the Wiki page.
> For now no idea is too stupid - and even if it is, it might help someone
> else to get a good idea. :)

I would like to propose a GSOC project ideas aiming to implement a new
feature for odeint. It would be really nice to have more implicit ODE
solvers in odeint and an extended algebra/operations mechanism for
matrices and solution of linear systems. This would widen the scope of
the library enormously, since it directly addresses partial differential
equations (PDEs) and enters the field of HPC.