Subject: Re: [boost] boost serialization backwards compatibility ofbinary archives broken
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-21 11:35:30

Markus Henschel wrote:

> P.S.:
> But what I find
> strange is that you leave the bug reports open. If you have the
> impression they cannot be fixed you could have just closed them with
> a comment in there that nothing can be done.

I left them open because I really wasn't sure what to say about them.

One thing I left out in my original answer was that I tried to address
this and it sort of made things worse. That is, when I "fixed" one
case - another case broke. It was whack-a-mole.

Sometimes the reporter isn't convinced by my answer and re-opens
the report after I closed it. In order to avoid a war of closing/re-opening
I just leave them open.

Robert Ramey