Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_index] Move Semantics
From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 02:22:50

El 26/02/2013 14:09, Fernando Pelliccioni escribió:

> I'm using quite Boost.MultiIndex and I would like it has support for C++11.
> I am willing to devote time to it if nobody is doing it.
>
> Joaquin has recently stated that hi has changes to commit to one of his
> libs. ( Thread: "Should I commit to SVN or Git?" )
> I wonder if those changes are related to add C++11 support to
> Boost.Multiindex

Hi Fernando and team,

The latest changes I commited to the lib are unfortunately not related
to C++11 upgrading but very minor patches to suppress warnings and such.

Boost.MultiIndex sorely needs to have move semantics, initializer list
construction and emplace functions. Even though I'm willing (and have
been for some months) to add these myself the sad reality is that the
time I can devote to this is increasingly small, so if any other
contributor wants to take up the task I'll be more than happy to assist.
A few words on the changes:

* In general, when implementing a new feature I've had more work
upgrading tests and docs that writing the feature itself. Many patch
contributors forget to provide the former, though.
* Implementing move construction and initializer list support should be
straightforward. Probably the design decisions in Boost.Unordered (and
part of the code itself) can be reused here.
* emplace is a different animal: apart from the interface implementation
(which, again, might benefit of the work already done in
Boost.Unordered) some internal scaffolding needs to be put in place.
I'll be happy to discuss this.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at: