Subject: Re: [boost] Releasing gil::io
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 20:28:56

H Daniel, thanks for your reply.

>> Technically speaking gil::io is a replacement of the older gil io
>> extension. So, it's not really a new library. But of course, I don't
>> mind fulfilling all the requirements.
>
> How it's listed in the library lists is up to the gil maintainers and you.

Since, I'm the maintainer I think it's just fine when gil::io is not
listed. But I like to add a notice in the release notes that the old
gil::io has been replaced.

>> * Trunk inspection report is clean.
>
> You can see the inspection report at:
>
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/docs-inspect-trunk.html#gil
>
> *C* = missing copyright, *Lic* = missing license.

I have added all the missing notices, removed tab characters, and
missing newlines for boost::gil.

>> I would need some help here to hook up gil::io test with general boost testing.
>
> I'd normally just include it from the gil tests (using 'build-project'
> I think). But if you want it to be separate you can add it to
> 'status/Jamfile.v2'. I think you'll also need to add an empty
> 'sublibs' file in 'libs/gil/' to indicate that it has sub-libraries -
> you can see these in the algorithm, functional, numeric, spirit and
> utility libraries.

I like to test that first on my machine. What would be the command
line to build all boost test suits?

gil::io has some compiler symbols to turn off reading from hard drive
and writing to hard drive. I though that might be helpful for
regression test servers that have limited capacities. When all tests
are enabled there are 300 files written and like 500 files read. Also
I don't wanna get into licensing issues for some of the test images
I'm using.

> Btw. if it isn't obvious, the release process is up in the air for
> this cycle due to the git migration.

I have to learn git? ;-)

Thanks again,
Christian