Subject: Re: [boost] [log] Release candidate 1
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-11 12:03:24

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
 wrote:

> Could you send me a complete compilable code sample?

Yes, I just tried with the following code which is not as minimal as it
could be (it the headers includes a lot other headers) but it generate the
same error in an empty project (generated with CMake) Note that I upgraded
to Boost Log V2 in the same time than Boost from v1.52 to v1.53. The
problem seem related to Phoenix as stream is just a typedef if I understand
the code correctly. I added the compilation error log in case the problem
comes from something I've setup: http://pastebin.com/zHRwaBsQ

------

#include <boost/log/expressions/formatters.hpp>
#include <boost/log/expressions/formatters/stream.hpp>
#include <boost/log/sinks.hpp>

namespace logattr
{
const auto MODULE_NAME = "ModuleName";
const auto TIMESTAMP = "TimeStamp";
}

int main()
{

namespace blog = boost::log;
namespace expr = blog::expressions;

const auto FORMAT_MODULE_NAME = expr::attr< std::string >(
logattr::MODULE_NAME );
const auto FORMAT_TIMESTAMP =
expr::format_date_time<boost::posix_time::ptime>( logattr::TIMESTAMP,
"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" );
const auto FORMAT_MESSAGE = expr::message;

const auto a = expr::stream << FORMAT_TIMESTAMP; // compiles
const auto c = expr::stream << FORMAT_MODULE_NAME; // compiles
const auto d = expr::stream << FORMAT_MESSAGE; // error: no operator "<<"
matches these operand
const auto e = expr::stream << "test"; // error: no operator "<<" matches
these operand
const auto f = expr::stream << std::string("test"); // error: no operator
"<<" matches these operand

return 0;
}