Subject: [boost] Boost.Log: Any Comments? (Was: [log] Permission to merge to trunk)
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-28 11:46:09

On 23.03.2013 02:04, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Friday 22 March 2013 20:17:06 Daniel James wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm the author. But ok, I thought I needed a permission. Thank you.
>>
>> You do need to meet the conditions set in the review. So I think you
>> need the review manager's approval.
>
> Vladimir, could you give your permission for Boost.Log inclusion into Boost?
>
> For your convenience I'm re-posting a few essential links:
>
> Review result:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2010/03/0256.php
>
> My post with the actions taken on the issues in the review result:
>
> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/03/201623.php
>
> Library docs:
>
> http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/libs/log/doc/html/index.html
>
> Library code:
>
> svn co https://boost-log.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/boost-log/trunk/boost-log

Andrey,

thanks for asking. I am not sure I am much qualified to decide on my own. I see there was some
discussion but it does not seem like many people commented. So how about this:

- Anybody who participated in Boost.Log discussion, or want to use it, or use it, please speak up.

- I will also take a look, w.r.t review results and your list of changes. I am travelling now,
   so won't be able to do this util start of next week.

- If we don't any objects mid next week, Boost.Log goes (into trunk).

There's additional checklist for it to go to release branch -- which you presumably want --
but that's the next step, and the schedule for the next release is somewhat in the air.

Thanks,

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics