Subject: Re: [boost] [gil] Ok to merge new gil's extension to release branch?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-03 20:54:48

AMDG

On 04/03/2013 04:53 PM, Christian Henning wrote:
> <snip>
> #-------------------------------
> # 3rd Party Libs
> #-------------------------------
> using zlib : 1.2.5 : <source>C:\chhenning\zlib\zlib-1.2.5 : ;

The backslashes will be a problem, since '\'
is the escape character. You need to use
either '/' or '\\'.

> <snip>
> error: No best alternative for /zlib
> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
> matched
> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
> matched
> error: No best alternative for /zlib
> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
> matched
> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
> matched

This ought to be impossible. What do you get with
--debug-configuration? In any event, it indicates
that you reinitialized zlib in your Jamfile, after
it was already initialized in user-config.jam.

> <snip>
>

>> Ok, I'll try this tonight at home. BTW, how would I pass compiler symbol to
>> control the zlib compilation?
>
> Would you mind telling me how to pass compiler symbols?

Use properties: e.g. /zlib//zlib/<variant>release

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe