Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC 2013
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-11 11:43:56

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 04/11/2013 12:01 AM, Ä°slam YaÅŸar wrote:
> > I'm a graduate student and work since 2 years as a C++ developer on
> > Unix-like systems (FreeBSD and Linux), i want to implement a library for
> > Boost. It is a thread-safe queue that is implemented on disk. You can
> > use it as a IPC. Is anyone interested to mentor this project ?

Note to prospective GSoC participants.. Steven's question is a "standard"
question on this list for *any* new library idea or proposal. Don't be
discouraged by the question. It is perfectly fine to suggest things that
are already present in Boost. Just keep in mind that whatever you suggest
 will be compared against existing functions in Boost and possibly existing
functions outside of Boost.

How would this differ from

> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0/doc/html/interprocess/synchronization_mechanisms.html#interprocess.synchronization_mechanisms.message_queue

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything