Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Log: Any Comments? (Was: [log] Permission to merge to trunk)
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 05:45:45

On 16 April 2013 09:29, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'd prefer to keep the library docs in 'libs/log/doc', if possible. Do I
> need to do something in this case?

No, I'll try to sort it out tonight.

> I used my own script to build the docs before, and this script left the
> docs in 'libs/log/doc/html' but it did so by copying some files around. I
> don't have the script at hand right now, but as I remember the script
> invoked bjam from Boost root and then moved the built docs from 'doc/html'
> (I think) to 'libs/log/doc/html'. Is this the way your script works as
> well? If not, then how does it work so I can test docs compilation locally?

No, I just run b2 in 'libs/logs/doc'. It's actually a bug in boost
build that we need to do that, but no one has ever fixed it. I build
using the shell script at:

https://github.com/danieljames/boost-build-docs/blob/master/build-docs

It has become quite complicated over the years, but the relevant part is this:

    cd $boost_root/libs/$library/doc
    find html -name "*.html" -print0 | xargs -0 rm
    $B2_EXEC --enable-index || echo "Error building: $library" >>
$output/summary.txt