Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] proposal for Trie
From: Hardy (hzithlony_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-26 06:24:38

On 2013/4/26 16:15, Antony Polukhin wrote:

>> Besides, considering that traditional Trie has limited scale of using, I
>> want to design my Trie in 3 layers:
>> The bottom one can provide the user-definition key type, which uses like
>> RawTrie<key_t, value_t>, in which the key can be a sequence of some
>> type(maybe an array of anything can be a key), and every node of Trie can be
>> taken as a root of sub RawTrie, which gives convenience to add Trie into it
>> and even swap a sub Trie.
>> And the second layer will be a specific Trie with the key of chars(when
>> handling lookup and insert, both string and char[] can be adapted to it).
>> And the feature of sub Trie is provided. The class is like Trie<value_t>.
>> And the third layer will be a Trie without so much freedom of operating as
>> the above two. I will just provide the basic interface as I list above.
>> And the last two layers of Trie will have a version of compressed storage of
>> strings.
>
> Relations between layers are not clear.

bottom layer:
class RawTrie<key_t, value_t>;
provide some interfaces to manipulate sub-tree, and could

second layer:
A specific RawTrie.
typedef StringTrie<value_t> RawTrie<string, value_t>;
also provide some interfaces to manipulate sub-tree

third layer:
TrieMap<value_t> - build upon the StringTrie, but can not manipulate the
sub-tree, just provide the interfaces as stl:map and the interfaces I
list above.

> Bay the way, student applications can now be submitted to
> <https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013>.
> The deadline is 3 May.
> Do not forget to submit your proposal and add link to this discussion
> in proposal.

Ok, you mean that I should add this link of our discussion to the
'additional info' of my proposal in GSoC page?