Subject: Re: [boost] [1.54.0][release] Provisional schedule
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 06:27:27

Le 07/05/13 11:29, Rob Stewart a écrit :
> On May 6, 2013, at 10:07 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On 6 May 2013 14:52, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> This means that we have skip one release. 1.54 should be released in May,
>>> 1.55 in August and 1.56 in November, isn't it?
>>>
>>> It is Ok for me.
>> Yes, unless anything changes the plan is 1.54 in July, 1.55 in November.
> With the C++ Now and git distractions, I think it would be wiser to just skip the May release and resume the normal schedule with an August release. One month's difference in delivering a release shouldn't be a big deal for anyone, but it will avoid a lot of last minute rushing and frustration in the preparations for it.

What are the worst dates for release? December-January, C++Now - May,
July-August, ...

Maybe we should have 3 releases a year: I would suggest begin of
February/June/October or begin of Mars/July/November.
Having 4 moth would let enough time to add new libraries or major
changes and have a long period for the beta release so that the release
contains less bugs.

Best,
Vicente