Subject: Re: [boost] Company copyright release examples
From: Brendon Costa (brendon.j.costa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 16:15:03

Thanks for the response.

By the limited response I guess no one has had to get one of these
disclaimers before for boost.

I am proposing to use the following which is basically the GNU one you
linked to:

Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the "Boost.GAL
C++ Library" (which provides a library of tools for audio representation,
processing and IO) written by Brendon Costa.

<signature of Moe Ghoul>, 1 April 1989
Moe Ghoul, President of Vice

Do you think this is suitable?

I wanted to make the exemption more generic to cover the entire Boost C++
Libraries so I could contribute to other boost projects as necessary,
however I am Not A Lawyer and a lot of things in the above broke attempting
that. For example:

Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in the "Boost C++
Libraries" (which provide assorted libraries for use in C++ coding).

<signature of Moe Ghoul>, 1 April 1989
Moe Ghoul, President of Vice

* I would have to remove the "written by" as I did not write all the Boost
Libraries (Which I think this exemption needs to have my name in it
somewhere)
* The description is redundant really here "which provide assorted