Subject: Re: [boost] JSON parsing library project for GSoC
From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 23:59:53

On 5/7/2013 6:55 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> On 05/07/2013 06:07 PM, Michael Marcin wrote:
>>
>> If an easy to use and efficient json parser came into boost as a 100
>> line library I'd consider that a summer well spent.
>
> The core of that work would be writing a submission, waiting for
> feedback, replying to reviews, etc., which has high latency and isn't
> really a beginner's job. I therefore strongly disagree that "get library
> <X> accepted into boost" would be a reasonable GSoC project.

I don't think I ever suggested that.

I was being mostly tongue-in-cheek anyways. If you look back on this
list a short while back there was a discussion of json library interface
that I seriously doubt would take 100 lines of code.

Even if it did I would strongly disagree with using a lines of code
metric to judge the value of a library.