Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Review no vote heads-up
From: Nasos Iliopoulos (nasos_i_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-09 14:29:09

Hello,
It seems to me also that there should be some more iterations or some
more relevant documentation.

I would feel more comfortable using submodules, but without them my best
attempt up to now is (ublas as an example here):

git clone https://github.com/boostorg/boost modular-boost
cd modular-boost
{manually relpace /v2 with /buildv2 in boost-build.jam and bootstrap.sh}
cd tools
git clone https://github.com/boostorg/build
cd ..
./bootstrap.sh
cd libs/numeric
git clone https://github.com/boostorg/ublas
cd ../../
./b2 include=libs/numeric/ublas/include libs/numeric/ublas/bench1
(to compile bench1 for example)

This relies on the assumption that the rest of boost is in an accessible
location in the system.

-Nasos