Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono/date] conversion between concrete dates
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-11 13:47:37

On 2013-05-11 17:32, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

>> May/11/2013
>> 11.Mai 2013
>> 11.5.13
>> 2013-05-11
>>
>> There are just so many ways.
>
> We need to choose one of the overloaded operators.

Again, maybe I missed some earlier requirement, but I don't see the
need. Don't get me wrong. Overloading is wonderful. But in this case, I
don't see the point.

>> Allowing such formats in code just adds to
>> confusion, IMHO.
> Why are you confused. Even if I don't use to use May/11/2013 but
> 11/May/2013 I don't see how
>
> auto dt = may/11/year(2013);
>
> could confuse someone. What could this mean other than the declaration
> of a date.
Maybe "confuse" is too strong. But it does not help readability, if
dates can be written in different styles (except for the author at that
moment).

Regards,

Roland