Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Review no vote heads-up
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-18 04:14:20

On 13.05.2013 09:00, Dave Abrahams wrote:

>> That said, the separation of libraries into separate modules with full
>> history is looking very much improved!
>
> Well, I know it isn't glamorous and it doesn't satisfy the need to say "look
> it builds," but *that* is what we're asking people to evaluate now.

So what are the plans for "look it builds"? At the very least, I would prefer that
requirement to use cmake to put together symlinks be removed. What's the plan for that?

Jürgen has posted a patch that teaches Boost.Build to do that, and I can give it
a try, but before that I think cloning of the master repository should work (others
already reported some issue with chrono) and at least Boost.Build should have its
final layout.

Also, what would be the process for tweaking any infrastructure code? Commit to
SVN and wait until git mirror is updated? Or create a special branch/repo in git
and do changes there, rebasing against new versions?

Thanks,
Volodya