Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] Constructor for polymorphic archives
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-06-27 13:30:52

Bjorn Reese wrote:
> On 06/24/2013 06:42 PM, Jeff Flinn wrote:
>
>> My first thought would be to use boost::iostream to create the i/o
>> streams with an appropriate source/sink wrapping your iterator usage.
>
> Thanks Jeff. I got something like this working, but as both the
> application and my archives are using iterators, I ended up with
> too much wrapping to accommodate polymorphic_iarchive_route. So
> I am probably going to write my own (polymorphic_iarchive_route
> is just a wrapper itself.)

I looked at the original post and the code. My initial reaction was that
polymorphic_iarchive_route should really be refactored to take as an
argument to the constructor a an already constructed non-polymorphic
archive. Then I got distracted on other stuff. Maybe you want to think
about this some more and post a suggestion as a trac item so we don't
forget it.

Robert Ramey