Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] Please take care of #8706
From: Augusto Righetto (augustorighetto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-09 15:41:45

After some investigation, I've figured out that the crash only happens when
my app links dynamically against boost_system and boost_filesystem.
Everything works fine when I link statically.

I'm building boost using a standalone toolchain built with NDK 8e 64-bit.
The toolchain is targeted to android-14 (actually, android-9 since it is the
highest platform available on NDK 8e).

My app is linking statically against GNU STL (libstdc++) and supc++
(enabling exceptions). Besides that, I'm enabling -fexceptions and -frtti.
Following Google's recommendation about ABI compatibility, I'm enabling
-march=armv7-a, -mfloat-abi=softfp and -mfpu=vfpv3-d16.

I'm using Android's engineering build, so I'm able to run the Boost's
Filesystem test apps directly on device without any Java/Dalvik code.

Did you try to build and link Boost as a shared library?